Crescent Dogs Twist
- 6 medium hot dogs
- 8 oz can refrigerated crescent roll dough, Pillsbury
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp water
- ketchup, or other dipping sauces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cut each hot dog in half width-wide into approx. 2-inch (5 cm) pieces).
- Push a skewer through the center of each hot dog piece.
- Slit each hot dog piece in a spiral pattern down the length of the skewer, spaced 3/4-inch (2 cm) apart.
- Then gently pull the hot dog down to make the slit into a 3/4-inch (2 cm) gap (refer to video).
- Break off some crescent roll dough and roll into a strip about 1/2-inch (1 cm) wide. Use it to fill the gaps on each skewer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with optional dipping sauce and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site