Garlic Mushroom and Baby Potatoes
A buttery dish of pan-roasted Garlic Mushroom and Baby Potatoes with herbs. So simple and very easy to make with elegant results that make for a delicious side or appetizer.
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 head medium garlic – – minced
- 2 cups baby potatoes
- 2 cups champignon mushrooms – (fresh or canned)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary – (1/2 teaspoon if dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil – – chopped (1/2 teaspoon if dried)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and place them in a small pot. Add water enough to cover the top. Pour in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Boil baby potatoes for 10-15 minutes or just until cooked. Do not overcook potatoes, check by poking one with a toothpick. If it comes through easily then it should be done.
- Cut baby potatoes in halves.
- In a pan or skillet, melt butter over medium heat and saute garlic until tender.
- Add potatoes and mushroom and cook until edges are browned.
- Add rosemary and basil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy as a side to your favorite chicken, pork or beef or as an appetizer.