Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Corn Soup (Vegan)
This vegan slow cooker potato corn soup is an easy and deceptively healthy. Easy to prep ahead and re-heat for easy lunches.
- 6 cups yellow fleshed potatoes cut into large chunks
- 2 cans corn (700 mL/ 22 oz total)
- 2 jalapeños deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups stock
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- Juice of 1 lime
- chives optional garnish
- Place the yellow potatoes, corn, jalapeños, salt, cumin, oregano, ground coriander and stock in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Prior to serving:
- Scoop out 6 cups of potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the Almond Breeze Original (Unsweetened)Almond Beverage, and mash until potatoes are almost smooth (still a bit chunky).
- Return to the pot along with the lime juice.
- Taste and add salt and extra stock (see note) if needed.
This article and recipe adapted from this site